2015 Rules and Regulations for Fair Exhibitors
1. The annual membership for 2015 is $5.00.
A membership card allows free admission to the fair on either Friday night, or Saturday or Sunday.
2. Admission: No admission to the Fair without: a ticket, membership card, weekend pass or special permit
Adults $5.00 daily
Weekend pass $10, allows admission all three days of the fair
Children: Pre-school Free
Under the age of 12 $1.00
12 and over adult rate $5.00
All drivers and occupants of vehicles must have tickets.
A livestock/horse exhibitor and driver are admitted free.
3. The society shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or accident occurring to any person or property on the fair grounds during the fair. While the
officers and directors of this Society will use every available means of preventing accidents in and about the grounds it must be strictly understood that all
persons going into or upon the grounds must personally assume all risk of accidents or injury from accidents, or from any cause whatsoever.
4. Entry forms must be completed and returned to the Fair Secretary,
no later than 12 noon Friday morning, together with proof of membership.
5. The exhibit hall will be open to receive entry forms and exhibits Thursday evening from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm and Friday from 9:00 am to 12 noon.
Entries arriving after 12 noon will be disqualified.
All exhibitors are expected to leave the exhibit hall promptly at 12 noon.
6. All exhibitors taking a prize of $5.00 or more must leave $5.00 in the hands of the Fair Secretary for next year’s membership.
7. Tickets or ribbons indicate the following prizes: Red 1st, Blue 2nd White 3rd
No one shall be allowed to display any badges or prize tickets secured at other shows.
8. The judges shall have it in their power to withhold a premium in cases where they do not deem the article or animal exhibited to be worthy of one.
9. Any person who shall attempt to: interfere with the judges or officers of the society while in the discharge of their duties or on the premises of the society;
use any contemptuous or abusive language shall be immediately removed from the grounds. He/she shall also forfeit all prizes to which he/she would
otherwise be entitled and may, at the discretion of the Board of Directors, also be disqualified from competing in the Society’s show for one or more years
10. No person shall be allowed to enter for exhibition more than one specimen in any section of any class.
11. All samples of grain, seed, roots and garden produce must have been grown the present season on land owned or rented by the exhibitor.
12. All exhibitors showing stock, produce or other articles not their own property or of their own manufacture shall forfeit any and all prizes awarded to them.
Note: Horses may be legally leased. Competitors up to age 18 may show animals loaned to them for showing.
13. NO article or animal shall be removed from the exhibit hall or grounds until 4:00 pm Saturday.
PRIZE MONEY WILL BE FORFEITED IF EXHIBITS ARE REMOVED BEFORE 4:00 pm.
14. Prize money will not be paid if won in any way contrary to the regulations and exhibits winning by fraud will forfeit all prizes won.
15. Prize money will be paid between October 15th and October 30th. All prize money not cashed and special prizes not collected before December 30th of
the same year will become the property of the society.
PLEASE CASH ALL CHEQUES PROMPTLY.
16. All prize money offered at this Fair, if not competed for, shall become the property of the Society.
17. With the exception of Juniors, all First year exhibitors are asked to indicate that they are a First year exhibitor on the entry tag.
18. In the case of bad or unfavourable weather or other reasons causing receipts to fall short of covering prize money and expenses, the directors may, at their
discretion, either deduct a proportionate amount, exclusive of membership, from cash prizes or use funds from Society reserves to enable the Directors to
balance the accounts without loss to the Society.
Additional rules and regulations for Livestock and Pet Exhibitors
19. Livestock (horses excepted) and pets must be on the grounds by 10:00 am Saturday.
20. Animals are allowed to compete only in the class in which they first entered.
21. All animals are shown at the risk of the owners.
22. Horses must be entered and on the fair grounds before 12 noon on Saturday.
23. No person shall be allowed to ride or drive horses on the show grounds faster than a walk except when in the show ring. The penalty for such an offense is
immediate removal from the show grounds.
24. All juniors must wear appropriate Government approved equine helmets and shoes with heels.
25. HORSES MUST BE SHOWN IN THE RING BEFORE PRIZE MONEY WILL BE PAID,
26. No single entry fee for horses.
27 Exhibitors taking a prize of $5.00 or over must leave $5.00 in the hands of the Fair Secretary for next year’s membership.
28. No article or animal shall be removed from the exhibit hall or grounds until 4.00 pm Saturday.
PRIZE MONEY WILL BE FORFEITED IF ANIMALS ARE REMOVED BEFORE 4.00 pm.
revised January 2013